Higher Ed PPC Audit & RoadmapA *confidential* Midwest-based university was seeking to move the management of their paid search and paid media accounts in-house.
A Midwest-based university was seeking to move the management of their paid search and paid media accounts in-house. Management of the paid search accounts was previously handled by a large West Coast agency. As the university was transitioning to in-house management, they were seeking a consulting partner to provide clarity to their strategy, highlight areas of opportunity, and lay the foundation for future PPC success. The founder of Granular, having in-house higher-ed experience, made Granular an easy choice for them and we were hand-picked to help them with the transition.
A large Google Ads budget was being spent on higher ed PPC each month – the University marketing leadership had a hunch that some of it was being wasted. Granular took a quick look at the account and immediately knew there was much more waste than initially thought. The University hired us to show them a way to clean up wasted ad spend and show them a path towards more rapid growth.
- We gained access to their PPC accounts and performed a comprehensive audit into the history of their account
- Granular was also able to apply best practices and set up a strong foundation during the period in which we were managing the day-to-day activity of the paid media accounts.
- The restructuring of the accounts saw immediate positive returns that set the groundwork for continued success.
- Quality Score sculpting with account architecture and landing page updates
- Ad Quality Score improvements based on architecture and keyword mapping
- Identify areas of waste, areas of missed opportunity, and define a path for growth
- Find quick fixes that immediately saved money
- Produce a roadmap for their new in-house PPC team
- We developed a comprehensive audit and PPC roadmap document with over 30 pages of ROI-driving advice
- Granular implemented many of the “quick-hit” fixes on behalf of the University
- Google Ads Cost per Click CPC decreased by -16%
- Google Ads Clickthrough Rate CTR increased by +28%
- Granular paid for ourselves within 4 weeks due to immediate cost savings found