How To Create A Custom Product Set In Meta Commerce Manager
If you’re currently running e-commerce ads on Meta but not taking advantage of the custom product set feature, you’re overlooking an incredible opportunity to segment your products. By doing so, you can efficiently segment your product list based on specific attributes. This allows you to precisely target the right consumers and optimize your advertising efforts resulting in maximum effectiveness.
While working with custom filters, I primarily segment my products by brand or category. However, it’s important to note that there are numerous other attributes you can leverage for segmentation, such as:
- Item Group ID
- Product Tyle
- Google Product Category
- Sale Price
- Age Group
- And other custom filters that you can define at the feed level!
If you’re unsure about how to create a custom filter or how to apply the new set to a campaign, I have a quick video breakdown to guide you through the process:
- Open Meta Commerce Manager
- Confirm that your feed is successfully connected to Meta through the “Data Sources” Tab
- Click on the “Sets” tab along the left menu
- Click “Create Set” and then “Use Filters”
- From here, you can decide which attribute filters you want to apply to your product set.
- I often use this feature to segment out brands or categories, but it is also useful for excluding on-sale items or gender.
- Go back into Ads Manager and create your Catalog Campaign. At the ad set level, you’ll be asked to select a “Product Set.” Click on the drop-down and select the set you created. This process ensures that the only items the catalog ad will feature are items from your specific set.
Unleash your creativity when it comes to segmentation. The possibilities for segmenting your products are virtually limitless. Explore different combinations and find innovative ways to efficiently target your customers by presenting the right product to them at the perfect moment!