If you’ve got indoor plumbing, a machine in your basement that pumps hot and cool air into your house, and it’s just a trip down the road to pick up all the food you can eat, then life is good. Most, if not all, of your daily problems are, as the saying goes, “first-world problems.”
But yet, we’re some of the most stressed out people in the world. What a paradox right?!?
What I want to talk about here is one main culprit of our stress, and one of the main reasons why a growing number of people should consider productivity training to relieve the stress and be more successful in every area of their lives.
We juggle a ton of things
Take a look at this list of things I juggle from day to day…
- Clients. At any given point in time, I may be managing 6-8 clients, while contributing high-level strategy feedback to 15-20 more.
- Platforms. Google, Bing, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Quora, Reddit, and on and on.
- Strategies. The best strategy for each client on each platform is…it depends.
- Tactics/Tasks. Each client may have 10-50 tasks in the queue at any particular point in time.
- Training. In a constantly changing industry, it’s necessary to be on top of the newest things, the latest trends, and the smartest strategies.
When I take a step back and look at this list, my stomach starts to tighten.
It’s likely that you can relate…and this isn’t even including all the things that fight for attention, time and energy outside of work. Some of you may even look at this list and wish that’s all you had on your plate (business owners FTW!).
So what’s this culprit I’m referring to that leaves people constantly stressed out despite having amazingly good lives?
The lack of clear and executable boundaries. Whole books have been written about this subject (I highly recommend this one).